We cannot guarantee our customers will not be contacted by scammers, but working together we can ensure our customers know how to protect themselves in the event of scam situation.
Protect yourself from scammers:
- Call City of Lubbock Utilities at to obtain accurate information about your account or to ensure you're speaking to a City of Lubbock Utilities employee.
- Never give your credit or debit card number or other personal information to any caller without knowing their true identity.
- City of Lubbock Utilities will never make in-person visits to collect payment, so never give your credit or debit card number or other personal information to anyone visiting your home or business.
- Sign up at CityofLubbockUtilities.com and manage your accounts online 24/7.
- Know how to identify LP&L employees:
- LP&L employees always wear company uniforms.
- LP&L employees always wear identification badges.
- LP&L employees identify themselves and the purpose of their visit.
- LP&L employees drive vehicles marked with LP&L logos or mirror hangers.
For more information about staying safe from scammers, visit the City of Lubbock Utilities website.